Hemlock and Canadice Lakes

Welcome to Hemlock and Canadice Lakes!

Home About Us Contact Us Links Sitemap


Barns Businesses Cemeteries Churches Clinton & Sullivan Columns Communities Documents Events Time Line Fairs & Festivals Farm & Garden Hiking Homesteads Lake Cottages Lake Scenes Library News Articles Old Maps Old Roads & Bridges People Photo Gallery Railroad Reservoir Schools State Forest Veterans Videos






The Blackmer - Gray Barn in Hemlock NY

Photos courtesy of the Gray Wood Farms.

In 1862 this barn was owned by M. H. Blackmer and the 1900 by J. W. Wood. Their names are shown on the maps of Hemlock in 1872 and 1900. The farm is now (2003) owned by William Gray and is called Gray Wood Farms. The Gray Wood Barn is located just north of the Hemlock village. It sits near the intersection of State Route 15A and Big Tree Road.



This is the east side of the Gray Wood barn. Photo taken in 2003.

Click the image to enlarge.



This is a view of the west and north sides of the Gray Wood barns. The photo was taken from Big Tree Road looking south and east. Photo taken in 2003.

Click the image to enlarge.