Hemlock and Canadice Lakes

Welcome to Hemlock and Canadice Lakes!

Home About Us Contact Us Links Sitemap

 

Barns Businesses Cemeteries Churches Clinton & Sullivan Columns Communities Documents Events Time Line Fairs & Festivals Farm & Garden Hiking Homesteads Lake Cottages Lake Scenes Library News Articles Old Maps Old Roads & Bridges People Photo Gallery Railroad Reservoir Schools State Forest Veterans Videos

 

 

 

 

 

The Harder - Varrone Barn in Hemlock NY

Photos courtesy of Ann & Nick Varrone.

The Harder - Varrone barn is located at the intersection of Blank Road and Harder Road south of Hemlock village. Judging from historical maps the barn was probably built by W. Harder around 1865. A later map shows that P. S. Turner owned the farm after the Harders. More recently (until 2007) the farm was owned by Ruth and Ken Gladding. This is still a working farm which is currently owned and maintained by Ann and Nick Varrone. Click any image to enlarge.

hcl_pic01_barn_hemlock_harder_varrone_2011_resize480

1

This is a view of the east side of the Harder - Varrone barn.

Photo taken in 2011.

hcl_pic02_barn_hemlock_harder_varrone_2011_resize480

2

This is a view of the south and east sides of the Harder - Varrone barn.

Photo taken in 2011.

hcl_pic03_barn_hemlock_harder_varrone_2011_resize480

3

This is a view of the west and south sides of the Harder - Varrone barn.

Photo taken in 2011.

hcl_pic04_barn_hemlock_harder_varrone_2011_resize480

4

Another view of the west side of the Harder - Varrone barn.

Photo taken in 2011.

www.HemlockandCanadiceLakes.com