Hemlock and Canadice Lakes

Welcome to Hemlock and Canadice Lakes!

Home About Us Contact Us Links Sitemap

 

Barns Businesses Cemeteries Churches Clinton & Sullivan Columns Communities Documents Events Time Line Fairs & Festivals Farm & Garden Hiking Homesteads Lake Cottages Lake Scenes Library News Articles Old Maps Old Roads & Bridges People Photo Gallery Railroad Reservoir Schools State Forest Veterans Videos

 

 

 

 

 

The Creamery in Springwater NY

hcl_business_springwater_creamery01_mill_st_1932_resize480

1

A view of the Creamery on Mill street in Springwater NY in 1932. Doc Marsh, who is leaning out of the window, was the operator. Also in the picture are Charles Forrester, Henry Brewer and Charly Freary. See the news article below for more information.

Click the image to enlarge.

This photo courtesy of Joyce O’Neil.

hcl_business_springwater_creamery02_mill_st_1932_resize480

2

A view of the Creamery on Mill street in Springwater NY in 1932. The people in the photo are unidentified.

Click the image to enlarge.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

The Springwater Creamery

Unknown Author - The Democrat & Chronicle

7 April 1897

Springwater has a new enterprise well under way in the shape of a butter factory. A stock company has been formed with a capital stock of about $8,500, and the contract for erecting the building and fitting it with modern machinery for dairy purposes awarded to the R. B. True Dairy Supply Company of Syracuse. The building will be erected on the site purchased on Mill Street from Mrs. Eliza Tyler. The foundations are already laid and the work is being pushed as rapidly as possible. The cost of the building furnished complete with engine and machinery ready for operation will be something over $8000, and according to the contract, will be in running order by May 1st. The directors of the company are Charles H. Marvin, Henry S. Brewer and James G. Morris.

www.HemlockandCanadiceLakes.com