Hemlock and Canadice Lakes

Welcome to Hemlock and Canadice Lakes!

Home About Us Contact Us Links Sitemap

 

Barns Businesses Cemeteries Churches Clinton & Sullivan Columns Communities Documents Events Time Line Fairs & Festivals Farm & Garden Hiking Homesteads Lake Cottages Lake Scenes Library News Articles Old Maps Old Roads & Bridges People Photo Gallery Railroad Reservoir Schools State Forest Veterans Videos

 

 

 

 

 

A Photo Gallery of Conesus NY

Click an image to enlarge.

Press “Ctrl - F” to search this page.

hcl_community_conesus_1930c_main_st_ro042

1

The village of Conesus circa 1930 looking north along Main Street and at the east side of the street. The church in this picture burnt down in 19xx and was rebuilt at a place closer to the viewer.

hcl_community_conesus_1936_main_street01_ro050

2

A view of the village of Conesus in 1936 looking north along Main Street and at the east side of the street. The church is gone but hasn’t been rebuilt yet. The small building along the right side of the photo was the meat market.

hcl_community_conesus_1936_main_street02_ro050

3

A view of the village of Conesus in 1936 looking north along Main Street and at the west side of the street. The first building along the left side of the photo was the Amusement Hall. Then was the IGA store which became the Fire Hall and is now Bob Wixom’s Auto Shop.

hcl_community_conesus_1950c_fire_hall_ro050

4

The old Fire House in the village of Conesus circa 1950. The Fire House located was on the west side of Main Street. The man on the roof is unidentified.

This photo and information courtesy of Bob Wixom.

hcl_community_conesus_2000_fire_hall_ro050

5

The Fire House in the village of Conesus as it appeared in 2000. The man between the two fire trucks is Gary Sparks.

This photo and information courtesy of Bob Wixom.

hcl_community_conesus_2012_main_street03_ro050

6

A view of the village of Conesus in 2012 looking north along Main Street and at the east side of the street. The church was rebuilt and the small building that was the meat market was removed.

hcl_community_conesus_2012_main_street04_ro050

7

A view of the village of Conesus in 2012 looking north along Main Street and at the west side of the street. The first building along the left side of the photo is the Town Hall. Then is Bob Wixom’s Auto Shop.

hcl_community_conesus_2012_town_hall_plague_ro050

8

The Historical Places Plague that is on the outside of the Town Hall. As shown on the plague, the building was once an Amusement Hall.

www.HemlockandCanadiceLakes.com