Many people of the vicinity both young and old, and in-between, attended the Bicentennial Party a the Hemlock Firehouse on Saturday night, May 8.
Among those who attended were Mrs. Lois N. Wilkins, Livonia historian, Maurice Sweeney, and Mrs. Harrington Woodworth. Each made a few remarks about Bicentennial activities.
Many old pictures, maps and relics, were on display and the club room was decorated. Perhaps the oldest exhibit was a panel of deeds dating back to 1787 and exhibited by Ken and Doris Coykendall.
Other items of interest were an old hand organ by Leonard Briggs and an iron bar brought by George Ashley. The bar was found in the wreckage of the St. James Hotel, which once stood on the east shore of Hemlock Lake.
A prize was awarded to Walter Mooney and Mrs. Mable Barnard - the oldest man and woman present. Norbert Fink received a 1776 flag. Many other prizes were awarded.
Refreshments were served. A total of 25 people contributed to the displays.