Hemlock and Canadice Lakes

Welcome to Hemlock and Canadice Lakes!

Home About Us Contact Us Links Sitemap

 

Barns Businesses Cemeteries Churches Clinton & Sullivan Columns Communities Documents Events Time Line Fairs & Festivals Farm & Garden Hiking Homesteads Lake Cottages Lake Scenes Library News Articles Old Maps Old Roads & Bridges People Photo Gallery Railroad Reservoir Schools State Forest Veterans Videos

 

 

 

 

 

Bradley Adams of Hemlock NY

Click any image to enlarge.

hcl_people_adams_bradley_1929_clinton_sullivan_dedication01_resize400x334

1

Bradley Adams of Hemlock Lake NY in 1929 at the dedication of the Clinton - Sullivan Memorial. Courtesy of the Albert R. Stone Collection.

hcl_people_adams_bradley_1929_clinton_sullivan_dedication02_resize400x334

2

Bradley Adams of Hemlock Lake NY in 1929 at the dedication of the Clinton - Sullivan Memorial. The other man in the photo is unidentified. Courtesy of the Albert R. Stone Collection.

Bradley Adams Home Destroyed by Fire

Mr. Adams Burned on Head, Shoulder, Hand - Contents Lost

Unknown Date

Unknown Author

For the second time within a few years Bradley Adams has been driven out of his home by fire. Tuesday morning about 7 o’clock flames took the building where he lived on the George P. Reed farm in Richmond. He lost everything he had except the clothes in which he was dressed. His feeble condition prevented his saving his guns, tools and other belongings. He had on only one shoe; the other was burned. He himself was considerably burned about the head, shoulder and hand, but these wounds, while painful, are not considered serious. He was taken to the Ontario County Home at Hopewell Tuesday.

The shack in which Mr. Adams lived was originally built by the Livonia Boy Scouts under the scout mastership of C. H. Cary. It was a building 8 x 16 and was used by the Scouts for a couple of years or more, but was given to Mr. Adams when fire deprived him of his home a few years ago.

Tuesday’s fire was caused by the pouring of kerosene on the fire. George Reed had been down to help Mr. Adams with the fire and other details for the last two weeks, and it is not known just why Mr. Adams started the fire himself Tuesday. He did, however, and when it failed to respond to suit him he applied the kerosene with disastrous results. He will be 81 years old the 21st of next month.

Newspaper articles from FultonHistory.com

www.HemlockandCanadiceLakes.com