Hemlock and Canadice Lakes

Welcome to Hemlock and Canadice Lakes!

Home About Us Contact Us Links Sitemap

 

Barns Businesses Cemeteries Churches Clinton & Sullivan Columns Communities Documents Events Time Line Fairs & Festivals Farm & Garden Hiking Homesteads Lake Cottages Lake Scenes Library News Articles Old Maps Old Roads & Bridges People Photo Gallery Railroad Reservoir Schools State Forest Veterans Videos

 

 

 

 

 

The Advent Church of Springwater NY

hcl_pic01_church_springwater_advent_at_mill_st_19xx_resize480

1

This picture shows the Advent Church looking east along Mill Street. The church was established in the late 1800’s but is no longer used as a church. On the right side of the street, next to the church, was the Flea Market. Just visible on the right is the house now owned by Joe Canute (2006). The person standing on the sidewalk in front of the house is unidentified.

On the left side of the street is Merton Holmes Garage with a “Horse Shoeing” sign out front. On the far left is the house of Dr. Becker, now owned by Terry Carney (2006).

Photo and information courtesy of Joyce O’Neil.

Click the image to enlarge.

hcl_pic02_church_springwater_advent_at_mill_st_1931_resize480

2

The Advent Church steeple is visible in this picture from 1931. The scene is looking west down Mill Street in Springwater NY, not far from the intersection with State Route 15A. In front of the church on the left side of the street is the old Town Hall. On the right side of the street is Higgins Garage and behind the garage can be seen Dr. Becker’s house, more recently owned by Edna Holmes and then Terry Carney (2006).

Photo and information courtesy of Joyce O’Neil.

Click the image to enlarge.

hcl_pic03_church_springwater_advent_at_mill_st_1900_resize480

3

Here is another view of the Advent Church in Springwater NY looking west along Mill Street but from a higher viewpoint, perhaps taken from East Avenue.

Photo and information courtesy of Joyce O’Neil.

Click the image to enlarge.

hcl_pic04_church_springwater_advent_at_mill_st_1913_resize480

4

The Springwater Advent Church was located on Mill St. in the village of Springwater NY. In this picture the church appears at the center of the community. The church was established in the late 1800’s. The building is no longer used as a church.

Photo and information courtesy of Joyce O’Neil.

Click the image to enlarge.

hcl_pic05_church_springwater_advent_picnic_1909_resize480

5

The Springwater Advent Church picnic in 1909. The location of the picnic is believed to have been at the park that once existed at Canadice Lake. The names of the individuals in the picture are unknown.

Photo courtesy of Doug Morgan.

Click the image to enlarge.

hcl_pic06_church_springwater_advent_picnic_1909_resize480

6

Another photo of a Springwater Advent Church picnic circa 1909. The water in front is believed to be the south end of Canadice Lake. The names of the individuals in the picture are unknown.

Photo courtesy of Doug Morgan.

Click the image to enlarge.

www.HemlockandCanadiceLakes.com